Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name The Juilliard School as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like Juilliard to receive and name the School, along with the percentage, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
See How It Works
An Example of How It Works
William and Nancy have been fortunate to be able to provide financial help to their children, and to support Juilliard over the years. The couple recently updated their wills to leave stocks and real estate to their children. They decided to leave Juilliard a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetimes. Because Juilliard is tax-exempt, the entire amount of the gift will help support the School’s mission.
If William and Nancy had left the IRA to their children, approximately $21,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes—leaving only $54,000 for their family's use. They are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money, thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 28 percent marginal income tax bracket.
- Contact Lori Padua at 212-799-5000, ext. 7152 or email@example.com for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support Juilliard with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name Juilliard in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: The Juilliard School
Address: New York, NY
Federal Tax ID Number: 13-1624067